Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Black Hound

170 2nd Avenue, New York, NY 10003
(212) 979-9505


The other place I stopped by after the pizza in NYC was the "Black Hound" pastry shop. This is a well known bakery in East Village. Exquisite preparation and care is taken of the products and they are really art pieces. I tried the Pear Almond Cake and the Chocolate Gianduja Cake.



The Bavarian cream on the Pear Almond Cake along with the toasted almonds was just divine. Next I dug into the Gianduja which had crushed pralines on the sides and cute marzipan flowers. The buttcream was smooth and rich in flavor.



A complete dessert binge just on these two, despite the vairety that my pictures captured. Those I will definitely get off my checklist the next time around. Altogether a perfect ending to Father's Day.

No comments: