Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Everyman Espresso

136 East 13th Street, New York, NY 10003-5306
(212) 533-0524

Of course, once you have had cup cakes, you need coffee. The coffee shop that I wanted to try was close by to the cup cake place called Everyman Espresso. It is located on 13th street between 3rd and 4th avenue in East Village. From their advertising it seems like they are in the pursuit of perfecting the art of making coffee, and I thought why not try them out also.


I ordered a latte, and one look at it when it arrived made me understand why they are in the business. Everyman takes pride in each cup they make even though they have a minimal staff and one barista only. Artfully done and with no fuss the crema came out perfect. The taste was exqusite and full bodied. This place takes coffee seriously. They source their coffee from the Counter Culture company - that specializes in artisanal and handcrafted coffee sourced from the farmers themselves. My latte was made from coffee sourced from guatemala and for sure it was one of the best cups I have had.


I did not try other things on their menu, but I am sure they will be made in the same diligent way. Interestingly, the coffee shop is attached to a theater and gets all the theater goers coming in as I was told. Must remember not order my latte at that time, as there is definite pleasure in a cup that is made with time and care.  Like almost every other new yorker, I have had coffee at several places in the city and have always kept an eye out for places to go back to. This place makes the cut.


No comments: