Friday, October 12, 2012

On The Way Cafe

34 Ridgeland Terrace, Rye, New York 10580
(914) 921-2233

Rye is one of my favorite towns in Westchester. Nested away from its downtown, there is one breakfast place that is not to be missed. One Friday morning I made my way to this quaintly located cafe which is very close to the popular Rye Playland also. This place specializes in breakfast and lunches only.

 
They serve genuine organic fare. I ordered the blueberry pancakes that came with fresh cream. The blueberries were as fresh as they can be. The pancake batter too is made fresh on the premises and is actually a secret recipe. 
 

 This was one pancake stack that tasted as beautiful as it looked. Neither of the sour batter taste nor the uncooked feeling. Unbelievably moist and dense it was bliss in each mouthful with pure maple syrup. 

 
The organic three egg omelet that I found tempting was with a choice of three fillings. I selected mushrooms, spinach and goat cheese. The side of home fries and toast made it a complete breakfast. The eggs are organically sourced, just like the potatoes. I must say they tasted wonderful and reminded me of Aloo Sabji.


The Cappuccino was a sheer delight. Made at the correct temperature and with froth that made the mix of coffee and milk taste refined. I assume it was again the organic milk and the specially sourced coffee that made the combination so flavorful.


The cafe has a running exhibit of local artist's art work which is for sale too. The elegant setting gives a warm and homey feel. I will be visiting this place soon with my kids too as they will surely love the pancakes and the potatoes.